Our Doctors will take into account your travel itinerary, style of accommodation, activities while travelling, past medical history, allergies and a range of other factors to recommend the appropriate vaccinations and/or medications required for your trip. A consultation is necessary in order to determine your needs. Email and phone advice cannot be provided.
Our Doctors will provide individual medical advice on international health risks on a location by location basis, provide a full range of vaccinations on site, as well as assess malaria risk and advice on strategies to prevent other insect-borne diseases.
Our Doctors can advise you which vaccines are required depending on your destination. We are Yellow Fever Accredited Clinic.
Please allow 30-45 minutes for your consultation and please bring with you:
• Your travel itinerary
• Vaccinations records
• Details of any medication you are regularly or intermittently taking
Please note that if you are travelling for long periods and through multiple countries it is often necessary to have more than one consultation.
Most travel vaccinations and medications are available for purchase through at any Pharmacy Midtown Medical Clinic; these include Yellow Fever vaccines, anti-malarial medication, travel diarrhoea kits and official World Health Authority Vaccination Booklets.
• Chicken Pox
• Flu (seasonal)
• Hepatitis A
• Hepatitis A and B
• Hepatitis A and Typhoid
• Hepatitis B
• Japanese Encephalitis
• Measles, Mumps, Rubella
• Tetanus and Diphtheria
• Tetanus, Diphtheria and Whooping Cough
• Tetanus, Diphtheria, Whooping Cough and Polio
• Yellow Fever
How Long Do Vaccinations Last?
The information below outlines the usual duration of protection once the vaccination course is complete. For some vaccines, the duration of protection is uncertain.
Vaccine Duration of Protection
• Chicken Pox Lifetime
• Diphtheria 10 years
• Flu (seasonal) 1 year
• Flu (swine) 1 year
• Hepatitis A Long term
• Hepatitis B Long term
• Japanese Encephalitis Not yet established but possibly up to 3 years
• Measles and Rubella Lifetime
• Meningitis 2-3 years
• Polio Lifetime
• Rabies (pre-exposure) Long term
• Tetanus 10 years
• Typhoid 3 years
• Yellow Fever Lifetime
Travel Kits contain: Travel kits are also available at our local pharmacy. They can only be purchased after consultation with one of our doctors as they do contain prescription medication. Included in each travel kit is:
• Gastrolyte: a fluid and electrolyte replacement
• Imodium: used to reduce frequency of diarrhoea
• Maxolon: used to relieve nausea and vomiting
• Noroxin: used for the treatment of severe or persistent traveller’s diarrhoea >2-3days, commonly caused by bacterial infections
• Tinidazole: used for the treatment of diarrhoea not responding to Noroxin which maybe the result of a parasitic infection.
For further information, please schedule an appointment with one of our Travel Medicine Doctors on (03) 9407 1313.